Seminar on inspiring environmental learning.
The aim of the seminar is to give teachers, trainers and facilitators ideas and ways of harvesting “the touch of nature”, the inspiration and stimulation. We explore ways to connect the person and the surroundings via learning, activities and tasks, building capacity to care for environment.
The seminar program provides a solid overview of environmental learning and variety of methods to bring the lessons out under the open sky.
Seminar topics are lead by recognized experts, academics, researchers and practitioner.
The duration of the seminar is 7 days, with a short closing session on day nr. 7. The seminar starts at 15:00 Sunday afternoon.
The seminar location is in the center of Reykjavik and Reykjavik surroundings, with access to several great outdoor areas in the nearby surroundings.
The seminar consists of lectures, workshops, field trips, observations, hands-on learning, discussions, tasks and physical activities, and as well social activities and exchange. All build up to make a maximal gain for the participants.
Each day of the seminar is divided in two parts, morning session and afternoon session. Furthermore will each day be dedicated to a certain topic or field. The morning session will consist of indoors lectures, tasks and discussions with overview of theories, best practices, examples of outdoor education and its field. The afternoon session will consist of outdoor workshops, hands-on learning, observations and activities, where we will try and experience the learning gained from the morning session, creating a comprehensive understanding and ability to achieve the tools and means provided.
The objectives of the seminar are:
• To provide creative and inspiring ways to deal with environmental topics.
• To exchange practices and learn new ways of using the outdoor environment in education.
• To introduce programs that connect pupils to nature through direct experience.
• To harvest the methods and practice that build capacity of care for nature.
• To learn from practitioners and experts variety of tangible programs.
• To spend ti me under the open sky for exploration and discover.
• To practice ways of sensitive approach to the physical environment.